The benefits of tofu cat litter
If you’ve never used tofu cat litter before, you’re in for a treat! This litter is just as affordable as your usual cat litter but comes with a huge range of additional benefits like eco-friendliness and incredible clumping qualities.
- Biodegradable and eco-friendly - Made from natural guar gum and soy extract, this litter can be safely flushed down the toilet (in small volumes) or thrown into the compost. It’ll naturally disintegrate, leaving no trace behind!
- Effective clumping abilities - Our tofu cat litter features quick clumping action, so you can easily scoop up the mess and reduce wastage.
- Odour control - We’ve added a safe baking soda deodoriser to neutralise bad odours like ammonia. Plus, we now have a gorgeous cherry blossom scent available to eliminate bad smells and fill the room with the scent of Sakura.
- Non-toxic - Because our natural cat litter is made from plant extracts like soya beans and guar gum, it’s 100% non-toxic and digestible for cats and kittens. Your silly kitty will be safe if they accidentally swallow some litter.
- Non-tracking and dust-free - Our litter is soft on paws and low tracking, making it a great all-rounder. Plus, it’s dust-free, so your home will stay fresh and clean for longer.
Check out the best tofu cat litter Australia has to offer! Browse through our collection online and find a stockist near you. Our litter can be found in all good pet shops both in-store and online.
How to introduce your kitty to their new litter
Introducing your cat to a new type of litter can be tricky, but with our tips, you'll have your feline friend using the tofu cat litter in no time.
First, start by mixing the new litter with the old litter. This will help your cat get used to the new smell and texture. Then, gradually increase the amount of tofu cat litter until it's the only type of litter being used.
Lastly, make sure to keep the tofu cat litter clean and fresh — cats are notoriously picky about their bathroom habits! With a little patience and these tips, you'll have your cat using the tofu cat litter like a pro.
FAQs about natural cat litter
How long does a bag of Trouble & Trix litter last?
A 10L bag of our natural cat litter will last five weeks (based on an average-sized healthy cat on a premium dry food diet). The longevity of our litter will depend on your cat’s diet.
Is tofu cat litter safe for my cat?
Yes! Our natural cat litter is made from natural plant extracts like soya beans and guar gum and is 100% safe for your cat. It will do no harm if it is accidentally swallowed.
Will my cat like tofu cat litter?
It’s hard to say whether your cat will like our tofu kitty litter. Some cats and kittens are very picky and prefer one litter type (e.g. crystals or pellets). If your cat or kitten will not use a particular litter type, try one of our other litters or consult your vet for advice.
How much cat litter do I need?
It depends on how many cats and litter boxes you have and how often you plan to change the litter. A standard 30 x 40cm litter tray should be filled up to at least 4cm deep, and as a general rule, you should have one litter box per cat plus one extra. Do a little test to see how many litter boxes you can fill to 4cm with one bag — once you’ve done the test, you’ll always know how much litter you need for your cat (or kitties).
How is tofu cat litter made?
Tofu cat litter is made from soybean and guar gum. These plant extracts are dried and ground into super absorbent pellets that clump together when wet, making them an ideal material for cat litter. Tofu cat litter is environmentally friendly and biodegradable, making it a great choice for conscientious pet owners.
Where can I buy Trouble & Trix litter?
Our cat litter (natural range) is available in pet stores across Australia and New Zealand! Find a store near you — just add your address or suburb into our store finder, and we’ll deliver the closest store to your location. Alternatively, our products are available from various online retailers like Petcircle, Petbarn, PETstock, etc.
Find our tofu kitty litter in a store near you, or shop online from one of our stockists!